Situm WYF 2.0 available for an easy integration of indoor wayfinding in apps.
The module represents a significant improvement in Situm's indoor wayfinding and navigation technology, already used in hundreds of buildings worldwide, from hospitals, airports and shopping centres to museums, hotels, cruise ships and exhibition halls.
After the great acceptance among app developers for visitors and users of large buildings since it was introduced earlier this year, Situm has just updated its Situm WYF module.
With just a few lines of code, this library of visual components allows developers to easily integrate all the functions needed to enrich an app with indoor guidance:
- Provide cartographic information related to the building where the Situm positioning system is already configured: plans, points of interest, events...
- Locate the smartphone inside these buildings (position, orientation and floor where it is located).
- Facilitate a route from the starting point to the destination point.
- Show all the above information on a map.
Android and iOS versions are available at http://developers.situm.es/ where the developer can also find a wide variety of resources:
- Tutorials that explain step by step how to configure the Situm WYF module.
- Examples of code to add the module, to receive notifications about the events that happen inside the wayfinding module or to allow the configuration of them during the loading and unloading of the module.
- Changelogs to keep your application updated with the latest advances and functionalities.
- Appledoc to generate API documentation in HTML format from source code iOS / Swift.
The Situm IPS platform and the WYF module can be tested for free by registering at https://situm.es/en/try-us
More information about wayfinding solutions at situm.es