The use of indoor positioning systems in medical centers involves multiple advantages for patients and professionals
The traditional GPS technology, which we use in the car, does not work indoors. For a custom path to the point you want to go to a specific system need: a GPS interior. Hospitals are suitable buildings to use positioning and navigation systems indoors because of its size and its large dimensions.
The advantages of indoor positioning systems
- No need to ask where you have to go, your phone becomes your guide.
- You do not have to look any desk to alert you arrived, the system itself register your presence in the building.
- You get all kinds of health information, from promotional videos to tips, plus entertainment options to spice up your wait.
- You can manage multiple appointments on the same day to avoid wasting time.
- You can alert that you had an unforeseen and arrive late, like medical personnel can alert you.
- If you are visiting, you can go straight to the room of your friend or relative.
- You can send your companion location signals to warn of where you are.
- You can access any type of hotel services, such as consulting menus, prices and options.
Moreover, you can also enjoy advantages around the hospital buildings, like discovering the seats in the public parking and activate the most convenient route to reach the building.
All you have to do to enjoy all this is to make sure you visit the hospital has this option. Currently, Situm system is installed in 25 hospitals and health centers in Galicia.